Comprehensive Care For Bone, Spine And Joints
CNS Team is experienced in superspecialty orthopaedics, besides routine trauma management. With the experience of thousands of joint-replacement and minimally-invasive procedures, the focus will be to provide an amalgamation of skill, dedication and world-class services at an affordable cost to the society.
Bones are rigid organs that form part of the endoskeleton of vertebrates. They function to move, support, and protect the various organs of the body, produce red and white blood cells and store minerals. Because bones come in a variety of shapes and have a complex internal and external structure, they are lightweight, yet strong and hard, in addition to fulfilling their many other functions. There are 206 bones in the adult human body and 270 in an infant.
Arthritis is a term that includes a group of disorders that affect you joints and muscles. The symptoms include joint pain, inflammation and limited movement of joints. Most people over the age of 50 show signs of arthritis. Blood tests and X-rays can confirm arthritis. The condition can be managed through a combination of medication, exercise, rest, weight-management, nutrition and, in some cases, surgery.
Total Knee Replacement Surgery
The surgery replaces your diseased knee joint and eliminates the damaged bearing surfaces that are causing you pain. The design of the implant offers renewed stability and minimises the wear process.
- Elimination of pain
- Improved motion
- Minimum wear and tear
Total Hip Replacement or Hip Arthroplasty
The surgery re-forms the hip joint, replacing the arthritic hip joint, thus eliminating the pain-causing damaged bearing surfaces. In the 1960s, the metal ball and plastic socket for replacement of the hip joint was introduced. The artificial components used today are stronger, made of chrome, cobalt, titanium or ceramic materials, and come in various shapes and designs.
Small Joint Replacement
The hands and feet perform thousands of actions every day, and there are a number of joints located in the fingers and toes that can be subject to overuse, arthritis, gout, and other conditions that can lead to severe pain and reduced functionality. If you are experiencing discomfort, swelling, tenderness, stiffness, and limited use of your hands or feet, or if you notice your knuckles becoming enlarged or crooked, consult a specialist who can offer you different methods to get rid of the pain. If these approaches don’t provide relief, finger and toe joint replacement surgery utilizing some of the most advanced minimally invasive surgical techniques can help you lead a pain free life.
This is an area of health and special services that apply medical and scientific knowledge to prevent, recognise, manage, and rehabilitate injuries related to sport, exercise, or recreational activity. Common sports injuries include Concussion, Muscle Cramps, ACL sprains, Ankle Sprain and Shin Splints.
The image-guided navigation system is similar to the location and directional tracking systems used for cars and ships today. This technology superimposes the position of the instruments as they are used in surgery onto images of the anatomy displayed on a monitor. The surgeon depends on these images to confirm the position of their instruments in relation to the patient’s anatomy, for guidance during surgery.
The CNS Orthopaedic team is experienced in superspecialty orthopaedics, besides routine trauma management
Joint Replacement Surgeries
- Total Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Shoulder Replacement
- Elbow Replacement
- Small Joint Replacement
- Advanced fixation techniques for complex and neglected trauma/fractures
- Hand & Wrist Surgery
- Congenital Deformity Correction
- Paediatric Trauma
- Scoliosis & Spinal Deformity Correction
- Spinal Trauma
- Setting up of the bone bank and cartilage-transplant services – a pioneering technology in Eastern India
- Striving to be the best Department of Sports Medicine and Joint Related Surgery in this part of the country
- Use of two large laminar flow theatres with space suits, to create a zero-bacteria environment in operating rooms and precluding the unnecessary usage of antibiotics and unnecessary medication for patients
- Providing the best and most advanced set-up for Arthroscopy in the country
- Use of radio-frequency ablation system and pressure-control system add the cutting edge to Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy at MEDICA
- Use of Laser in Arthroscopy would make MEDICA among the top minimally-invasive centres in the country
- Acquiring the latest Computer Navigation System in the world to set up a minimally-invasive and Eastern India’s most advanced Joint Replacement Centre